Wallace B. Shepherd, Jr, 69, of Portsmouth, passed away unexpectedly on Monday, July 25, 2016 at Newport Hospital. Wallace was the son of the late Wallace B. Shepherd Sr. and Margaret (Martin) Shepherd. He was the husband of Debra Marie (Capodilupo) Shepherd.
Wallace’s second love to engineering was music. He was a member of the Professional Musician’s Union in Cleveland, OH, member of the Swanhurst and Navy Choirsters. The Shepherds hosted young adults and teenagers with Up With People and various church choral groups in the US. Wallace and Debra volunteered with the children’s program at St. Lucy’s Church. He was very proud when he completed the RCIA program to become a Catholic while residing in Florida. He was a member of the Newport Lions Club and enjoyed volunteering at GasLight.
Wallace is survived by his wife Debbie (Capodilupo) Shepherd, in laws, Mary Rose and Chester Capodilupo Sr; Paul Capodilupo, Peter and Jennifer Capodilupo; and Chet Capodilupo Jr., nieces and nephews Hayley Capodilupo, Lindsay Capodilupo, Corin Capodilupo, Jesse Capodilupo, and Kim Capodilupo.
Calling hours will be held on Sunday, July 31 from 2:00-5:00pm in the Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
His funeral service will be held on Monday, August 1, 2016 at 9:30 am from Connors Funeral Home, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 am in St. Lucy’s Church, 909 West Main Road, Middletown, RI. Burial will follow in St. Columba Cemetery, Middletown.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Salve Regina University, Ochre Court, Newport, RI 02840.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays