Robert Anthony Massarotti, age 73, of Portsmouth died Tuesday, July 12, 2016, at Roger Williams Medical Center of Providence, RI. Mr. Massarotti was born May 21, 1943, in Providence, RI, the son of the late Domenico and the late Angelina (Terranova) Massarotti. He was the husband of Patricia (Skillman) Massarotti.
Besides his wife of 48 years, he is survived by two sons: Brian Massarotti and his wife Kristel of Portsmouth, RI and Bruce Massarotti and Heather Rhodes of Portsmouth, RI, his sister, Donna Blanchette and her husband Philip of Cumberland, RI, one granddaughter, Halie Lyn Massarotti of Portsmouth, RI, and his granddogs, Magnum, Emme and Zoro.
Calling hours will be held Friday, July 15, 2016 from 5-8pm at the Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
His funeral will be held on Saturday, July 16, 2016, at 9:00am from the Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00am in St. Barnabas Church, 1697 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI. Burial will be in Gate of Heaven Cemetery, East Providence, RI.
Donations in his memory may be made to the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America, 72 River Park St #202, Needham, MA 02494.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year