Jean F. (Kilcline) LoPiano, 88, formerly of Willow Avenue, Middletown, RI, passed away on Sunday, July 24, 2016 at the Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua, NH.
She was the wife of the late Fred John LoPiano and the late John J. Mahoney.
Born in Woonsocket, RI on October 3, 1927, she was the daughter of the late Francis J. and Mary (Walsh) Kilcline.
Mrs. LoPiano was a secretary and volunteer with Navy Relief before retiring in 1979. She was a member of AARP, the Newport Preservation Society, the Aquidneck Land Trust and a former member of the Green Valley Country Club. She was an avid Boston Red Sox and New England Patriots fan.
She is survived by her sons, Jack Mahoney of Brunswick, ME, Fred John LoPiano, Jr. and his wife, Karen, of Nashua, NH and Michael F. LoPiano and his wife, Gisela, of Westwood, MA; her sister, Helen Louise Oakland of North Smithfield, RI; and her grandchildren, Maggie Mahoney, Evan Mahoney, Michael LoPiano II and Andrew LoPiano.
Funeral services will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to Aquidneck Land Trust, 790 Aquidneck Avenue, Middletown, RI 02842.
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education