Beverly Rader (nee Young), 77, of Portsmouth died Thursday, June 30, 2016 at home in Portsmouth surrounded by her family.
She is the daughter of the late Clarence and the late Helen Young.
She was married to the late Leslie “Buck” Rader for 22 years.
She is survived by her children; Bruce Rader of Wilmington, NC, Barbara Puckett of Portsmouth, RI, Brenda Ferrell of Fall River, MA, and Robert Rader of Wilmington, NC.
Beverly graduated from Needham High School in Needham, MA and then obtained her Registered Nurse certification from the Malden Hospital School of Nursing and worked as an Emergency Room Manager at Newport Hospital and Charlton Memorial Hospital. Her love of travel also allowed her to experience the south-west and mid-west as a Traveling Nurse.
Calling hours will be held on Thursday July 7, 2016 from 11am-1pm in Connors Funeral Home 55 West Main Road in Portsmouth, RI. Her funeral service will be held immediately after at 1pm in the funeral home. Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers donations may be made in her name to the Shriner’s Hospital for Children, 2900 Rocky Point Drive Tampa, Florida 33607.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Gamm Theatre launches fellowship program for emerging artists
- Just Sold: The 25 homes sold in Newport County this past week
- Gubernatorial candidate Treasurer Seth Magaziner joins What’sUpNewp for a live virtual conversation on Wednesday
- On This Day – September 22, 1962: President Kennedy and Jacqueline watch 4th America’s Cup Race off the Coast of Newport
- Vaccinate the Ocean State: Mini-grants available to nonprofits, organizations to support vaccine promotion
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island (Updated)
- What’s Up Interview: Ben Folds coming to The Vets Friday, Sept. 24
- Legislation signed that makes civics education proficiency a requirement for all public high school graduates
- Sour Grapes – A Comic Strip by Tim Jones: September 21
- On This Day In History – September 21: Hurricane of ’38 hits Newport