Portsmouth, Jamestown and Newport are among just three of the firework displays scheduled to take place over Fourth Of July Weekend throughout Rhode Island.
Firework displays, sails, a barbecue and a clambake are among some of the ways you can celebrate the 4th of July weekend throughout Newport County.
Friday, July 1st – 6pm to 9pm: July 4th Weekend Kickoff Clambake
Join the Fort Adams Trust and McGrath Clambakes for a public clambake! Advanced ticket purchase is required to confirm your seat at the event. Enjoy a traditional clambake with some New England food favorites, an open bar with Newport Storm Beer, games and music! Kick off your July 4th weekend with family and friends here at America’s Largest Coastal Fortress! Event runs from 6-9 PM.
Sunday, July 3rd – 9pm: Jamestown Fireworks Display
Enjoy Jamestown’s 2016 Fireworks Displays on Sunday night over Newport Harbor and Narragansett Bay.
Monday, July 4th – 9am to 1:30pm: Newport Independence Day Festivities
- 9:00 am Ceremony by Daughter’s of the American Revolution/Rhode Island Society Sons of the Revolution,, at the grave of William Ellery, Rhode Island signer of the Declaration of Independence, followed by Musket Salute by Artillery Company of Newport, Common Burial Ground, Farewell St
- 9:00 – Noon Old Colony House, An Original State House for Rhode Island, open for tours
- 9:45 Family bicycle parade to Washington Sq. from Ellery Park at the intersection of Thames and Farewell Streets, sponsored by Bike Newport
- 10:00 am A Rousing Patriotic Band Concert by the Newport Community Band at Salve Regina University including marches, show tunes, jazz and much more! Washington Square, Peter Davis, Conductor
- 10:00 am Members of the Sons of the Revolution will pass out flags for the children and booklets with copies of our nations founding documents for families. (while supplies last)
- 11:15 am Col. Roy Lauth, 1st Vice-President of the Rhode Island Society, Sons of the Revolution, will present the 191st reading of the Declaration of Independence from the front steps of the Old Colony House, Washington Sq.
- Noon 21-Gun Cannon Salute by the Artillery Company of Newport using 4 original cannons cast in Paul Revere’s Foundry, 1798, Washington Sq.
Monday, July 4th – 5:30pm to 10:30pm: 4th of July Barbecue and Fireworks at Rose Island
Join this evening of great food and music. Watch the spectacular Newport Fireworks from Rose Island! Price includes a mouth watering, slow- cooked hardwood barbecue feast, lighthouse tours and boat transport. Attendance limited to 150 ticket holders. Event will be held rain or shine. Adults, $90 including ferry to the island; $65 for walk-on without ferry; $35 for children ages 6 to 12. Even runs from 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Monday, July 4th – 6pm to 9pm: 4th of July at Top Of Newport
Celebrate July Fourth at The Top of Newport! Limited space available, so make reservations today. (401) 848-4813.
Monday, July 4th – 8pm to 10pm: 4th of July Firework Sail
Enjoy a sunset sail through Newport Harbor followed by a spectacular fireworks display from the best view in town, aboard Schooner Aurora. BYOB. Space is limited, call (401) 619-7963 for reservations.
Monday, July 4th – 9:15 p.m.: Newport’s 4th of July Fireworks Display
The City of Newport will set off its traditional fireworks display on Monday, July 4 over Newport harbor, with a raindate of Tuesday, July 5. The fireworks show begins after it is dark enough for the show to be seen which is anticipated to be 9:15 PM and lasts approximately 20-25 minutes with Pyrotechnico Fireworks, Inc., of New Castle, PA, supplying the pyrotechnics.
The best viewing of the display is anywhere along Newport Harbor, facing west.
Public restrooms will be open at King Park, the Harbormaster building at Perrotti Park and at the Mary Street Parking Lot until after the fireworks are completed. Portable restrooms will be available at the Goat Island Causeway, Perrotti Park and King Park. Weather related cancellations will be made no later than 6:00 pm
Monday, July 4th – 9:30 p.m.: Portsmouth’s 4th of July Fireworks Display
Louis Escobar will have his traditional fireworks display over the cow pastures of Escobar’s Farm. Donations are accepted.
Did we miss something? E-mail Ryan@whatuspnewp.com.
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters