The Newport Art Museum has announced the addition of new PUBLIC TOURS of the Museum, FREE with ADMISSION. On Tuesdays at 11:30am, beginning on July 12, the Museum will offer a 45 minute “Highlights of the Collection Tour”, led by one of our trained Gallery Guides.
The tour will focus on the architecture of the National Historic Landmark Griswold House, the history and founders and leaders of the Art Association of Newport (many of whom were women), the Museum’s permanent and the contemporary collections. Led by trained Gallery Guides, each tour will be dialogue-driven, engaging, and family-friendly. Tours will be drop in, no pre-registration is required.
Make a morning of it! The Museum encourages visitors to take advantage of the Redwood Library & Athenaeum’s Public Tour at 10:30 (free with paid admission to the Redwood), and then skip across the street for the Museum’s 11:30am tour!
Details are available at NewportArtMuseum.org.
The Latest From WUN
- FirstWorks to present “Women Trailblazers in Music” in November
- Now Hiring: 77 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- National Sailing Hall Of Fame inducts Class of 2021
- Newport woman is first-ever female to win Citizens Pell Bridge Run
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more