Concerns of Brexit shaping the world economy seem to have little effect on luxury homes in Watch Hill, as a turn of the century mansion on Ninigret Avenue sells for $7,600,000 this past week.
The nine bedroom home is set atop a bluff overlooking two ponds and the dunes of East Beach. The home was once owned to Edward J. Breck, the founder and Chairmen of the Breck Shampoo Company who spent summers in Watch Hill.
According to selling agent Mark Gauvian, a Sales Associate with Lila Delman Real Estate International, the Brecks would use a sitting room off the grand foyer for an orchestra and the foyer itself as their dance floor.
“Being part of this historic properties’ transition to new ownership has been a true joy” stated Jeb Masterson also a Sales Associate with Lila Delman Real Estate International. “Homes of this quality with unobstructed ocean views are a desirable commodity these days” added Mark Gauvain.
According to data from the Rhode Island Statewide MLS the transaction marks the highest single family sale in Westerly for the past two years. The sale is also notably the second highest residential sale in Rhode Island this year, next to Lila Delman Real Estate International’s sale of Newport’s iconic Fairholme Estate for $16 million in February.
For more information on Lila Delman Real Estate, visit www.liladelman.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill