The City of Newport will set off its traditional fireworks display on Monday, July 4 over Newport harbor, with a raindate of Tuesday, July 5.
The fireworks show begins after it is dark enough for the show to be seen which is anticipated to be 9:15 PM and lasts approximately 20-25 minutes with Pyrotechnico Fireworks, Inc., of New Castle, PA, supplying the pyrotechnics.
The best viewing of the display is anywhere along Newport Harbor, facing west.
Boaters are invited to anchor their boat West of Goat Island outside of the harbor channel, but are urged to be aware of the 700 foot security zone surrounding Fort Adams. The Harbormaster will have four patrol boats around the Harbor, and will also be accompanied by the Coast Guard. For any information regarding safety and security updates, the Harbormaster will be responding on VHF Channel 16.
Public restrooms will be open at King Park, the Harbormaster building at Perrotti Park and at the Mary Street Parking Lot until after the fireworks are completed. Portable restrooms will be available at the Goat Island Causeway, Perrotti Park and King Park.
Weather related cancellations will be made no later than 6:00 p.m.
- Newport Harbormaster Reminds Residents and Visitors to Stay Safe of Independence Day Weekend
- Tyler’s Two Cents: Independence Day in Newport, Do’s & Don’ts
- Best Things To Do In Newport This Independence Day Weekend
- Newport County 4th of July Fireworks and Celebrations
The Latest From WUN
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record
- Living History Event brings re-enactors, spectators to Butts Hill Fort
- Opinion: Portsmouth voters must reject Question 2
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2