Cru Cafe, a Russel Morin Group Managed Company, has announced that they have decided to temporarily close.
The announcement came recently on the cafe’s Facebook Page;
“We are experiencing growing pains and have decided to temporarily close. It is our mission to provide our customers with the unparalleled service and product they deserve and we realize we need to better ourselves internally in order to do so. We are grateful for all of our loyal customers and we apologize deeply for any inconveniences this may cause. We look forward to connecting with you all when we are open again and better than ever.”
A spokesperson for Cru Cafe told What’sUpNewp on Tuesday that “once we have our new team in place we will be reopening, better than ever.”
Cru Cafe, which featured a weekly changing menu and called themselves a place for “cafe craft dining”, opened on Casino Terrace next to Vue, Russel Morin’s event venue, in 2015.
Russell Morin Catering and Events is currently hiring a Chef Manager for the cafe, the job posting states that they are “looking to hire a chef/ manager to run a small, innovative cafe in the heart of Newport which will be opening soon. Candidates must have back of house experience as well as front of house experience in order to be considered”.
The Latest From WUN
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend
- AARP Analysis: COVID-19 deaths and cases in Rhode Island nursing homes increased from August to September