Cru Cafe, a Russel Morin Group Managed Company, has announced that they have decided to temporarily close.
The announcement came recently on the cafe’s Facebook Page;
“We are experiencing growing pains and have decided to temporarily close. It is our mission to provide our customers with the unparalleled service and product they deserve and we realize we need to better ourselves internally in order to do so. We are grateful for all of our loyal customers and we apologize deeply for any inconveniences this may cause. We look forward to connecting with you all when we are open again and better than ever.”
A spokesperson for Cru Cafe told What’sUpNewp on Tuesday that “once we have our new team in place we will be reopening, better than ever.”
Cru Cafe, which featured a weekly changing menu and called themselves a place for “cafe craft dining”, opened on Casino Terrace next to Vue, Russel Morin’s event venue, in 2015.
Russell Morin Catering and Events is currently hiring a Chef Manager for the cafe, the job posting states that they are “looking to hire a chef/ manager to run a small, innovative cafe in the heart of Newport which will be opening soon. Candidates must have back of house experience as well as front of house experience in order to be considered”.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library
- Governor, RIDOH, Newport City officials, community partners to host canvassing effort on Wednesday to encourage vaccination