Discover the best events, activities and things to do during this weekend in and around Newport, RI.
Monday, July 4
9am to 1:30pm – Newport Independence Day Festivities
5:30pm to 10:30pm – 4th of July Barbecue and Fireworks at Rose Island
6pm to 9pm – 4th of July at Top Of Newport
9:15 pm – Newport’s 4th of July Fireworks Display
- Fastnet: Live music with The Ubiquitones from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Fifth Element: Live music with The Groove Merchants from 7pm to 10pm
- Hotel Viking: Live music with Travis Colby Band
- Midtown Oyster Bar: Live music with Yacht Club Rejects from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with Julio Amaro from 6pm to 9pm. No cover.
- The Port: Live music with Side Effects from 12pm to 4pm and JKrak from 5:30pm to 9:30pm.
Tuesday, July 5
1pm – Four Faiths Tour at Four National Historic Landmarks
3pm – ‘Return To Camelot; – The Kennedy Wedding Remembered at St. Mary’s Church
5pm – Lobster Love at Top of Newport at Hotel Viking
- Hotel Viking: Live music at 7pm. No Cover.
- O’brien’s: Trivia at 9:30pm
- Wharf Pub: Open Mic at 8pm.
Wednesday, July 6
4pm – A Piano Concert with Gemma Turvey at Redwood Library
6pm – Spirits & Stogies at Top of Newport at Hotel Viking
6:35pm – Newport Gulls Home Game at Cardines Field
7pm – Navy Band Northeast at Ballard Park
7pm – Family Friendly Funnies at The Firehouse Theater
- Buskers: Open mic night with Mike Warner from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Fastnet: Pub Trivia at 9pm.
- Hotel Viking: Live music at 7pm.
- Norey’s Star Restaurant: Live music at 9pm. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with The Throttles from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Sardella’s: Live Jazz music at 7:30pm. No cover.
Thursday, July 7
9:30am – Angela Moore Fashion Show & Champagne Brunch at Rosecliff
1pm – Children’s Workshop: Bugs and Slugs at Ballard Park
8pm – T(HERS)day LadyBits improv at The Firehouse Theater
- Celtica: Trivia at 9pm
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Open mic at 9pm.
- Hotel Viking: Live music at 7pm. No cover.
- Midtown Oyster Bar: Live music at 9pm.
- Norey’s Star Restaurant: Live jazz music at 7:30pm. No cover.
- Perro Salado: Live music with The HonkyTonk Knights from 9pm to 1am. No cover.
- Speakeasy: Live music with Justin Pomfret at 9pm.
Friday, July 8
July 8 – 10 – Newport Regatta at Sail Newport
11am – Newport Music Festival – Rachmaninoff Morning at The Elms
6:35pm – Newport Gulls Home Game at Cardine’s Field
8 pm – Live Improv Comedy with The Bit Players at The Firehouse Theater
8pm – Pumpkinhead Ted at Sandywoods
8pm – Newport Music Festival – Opening Night Concert at The Breakers
- Buskers: Live music from 9pm to 1am. No Cover.
- Celtica: Karaoke at 10pm. No cover.
- Clarke Cooke House: DJ & Dancing in the Boom Boom Room from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Firehouse Theater: Live improv comedy with The Bit Players at 8pm.
- Hotel Viking: Live music from 7pm – 11pm.
- Jimmy’s Saloon: Live music with at 9pm.
- Jo’s Bistro: Live music with John & Joanne from 7pm to 10pm. No cover.
- Midtown Oyster Bar: Live music at 10pm. No cover.
- Newport Blues Cafe: Live music at 9pm.
- One Pelham East: Live music at 9pm.
- Parlor Bar & Kitchen: Live music at 9pm.
- Speakeasy: Live music from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Tavern On Broadway: Live Reggae music from 10pm to 1am. No cover.
- Wharf Pub: Live music at 8:30pm. No cover.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools