Sign up for What’sUpNewp’s free daily newsletter, we’ll keep you in the know!
It’s wicked good, we promise!
Summer in Newport and live music, they go together like clamcakes and chowder. There’s no short supply of free live music on any given night that can be enjoyed outdoors this summer in and around Newport, here’s where to enjoy some great, local and talented musicians.
Family Night Concert Series at Easton’s Beach – All shows begin at 6:00 pm and last for approximately 90 minutes. In the event of rain, shows will be rescheduled – call 401-845-5810 after 4 pm. Free.
- July 5th – Nancy Paolino and The Black Tie Band oldies to the present – Sponsored by Easton’s Beach Snackbar and Del’s Lemonade
- July 12th – The Jesse Liam Band pop, country, R&B
- July 19th – Chicago Total Access Chicago Tribute Band – Sponsored by RI Kickball
- July 26th – Nickel Jukebox motown – Sponsored by Newport Beach Hotel and Suites
- Aug. 2nd – Rockin Soul Horns 8 pieces, Sinatra to Bruno Mars – Sponsored in memory of Ralph Gizzi by his loving family
- Aug. 9th – Dick Lupino Band Variety: Jazz, Oldies, Motown – Sponsored by Bernard and Doris Nemtzow in honor of their 66th wedding anniversary. Free carousel rides as well, compliments of Bernard and Doris
Summer Concert Series at Sweet Berry Farm – Admission to all concerts is free. Specialty dinners prepared by Chef Scott Amaral are available along with many other food items from their café. Picnic tables are reserved for meal ticket holders only and on a first come basis. Meal tickets can be reserved by calling ahead. (401-847-3912) Bring your lawn chairs or blankets. Concert goers must park in designated parking lot only. Please do not park in front of farm market.
- July 5th – Abbey Rhode (6pm to 8pm)
- July 12th – Big Cat Blues (6pm to 8pm)
- July 19th – Elderly Brothers (6pm to 8pm)
- July 26th – Live & Let Liv Duo (6pm to 8pm)
- August 2nd – Back Eddy Blues (6pm – 8pm)
- August 9th – 6 Diggit (5:30pm – 7:30pm)
- August 16th – Jessie Liam (5:30pm – 7:30pm)
- August 23 – The Villanaires (5:30pm – 7:30pm)
- August 30th – Lois Vaughan Trio (5:30pm – 7:30pm)
Ballard Park Music Month – For the seventh year, Jenkins Construction Company of Middletown is the presenting sponsor of Music Month at Ballard Park. The series includes four free concerts by a diverse group of bands including The Navy Band Northeast, The Ubiquitones, the Toe Jam Puppet Band and Chelley, Bill & Dyl. Free.
- July 6th – Navy Band Northeast (7pm to 8:30pm)
- July 13th – The Ubiquitones (7pm to 8:30pm)
- July 20th – Toe Jam Puppet Band (10am) and Chelley, Bill & Dyl (7pm to 8:30pm)
Movies On The Rocks – August 3, 10, 17 & 24: Friends of Ballard Park’s 11th Annual MOVIES ON THE ROCKS series kicks off on Wednesday, August 3rd. Four movies will be shown in the quarry meadow off of Hazard Road in Newport on Wednesday evenings during the month of August. A short provided by the Rhode Island International Film Festival will be screened prior to each feature. The screenings are free and open to the public. More info: www.ballardpark.org
August 3 – Hotel Transylvania
August 10 – Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
August 17 – Dirty Dancing
August 24 – Karate Kid
Children’s Night Performances at Easton’s Beach – All shows begin at 6:00 pm and last approximately 45 minutes. In the event of rain, shows are held in the Rotunda Ballroom
- July 7th T-Bone singer – Sponsored by Bank Newport
- July 14th Johnny The K singer
- July 21st Cool Banana Wig band
- July 28th Luna Goes To Mars play – Sponsored by Bank Newport
- Aug. 4th Police Night Out 4:00-6:00 pm FREE
- Aug. 4th Keith Munslow storyteller – Sponsored by Silveira Kindergarten and Nursery School
- Aug. 11th Toe Jam Puppet Band vaudeville – Free carousel rides sponsored in memory of Jim Toppa by his loving family
newportFILM Outdoor Series – Experience award-winning documentaries, live music, interviews with filmmakers and film subjects, great food, and loads of community spirit amongst Aquidneck Island’s beautiful outdoor spaces, every Thursday night, all summer long…for free!
- July 7th – The Music of Strangers: Yo-Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble at Marble House Lawn (8:40pm)
- July 14th – The Weekend Sailor at Newport Shipyard (8:35pm)
- July 21st – Life, Animated at St. Michael’s Country Day Lawn (8:30pm)
- July 28th – Jim: The James Foley Story at Redwood Library Lawn (8:25pm)
- August 4th – Bill Cunningham New York at OceanCliff Lawn (8:15pm)
- August 11th – Betting On Zero at Ochre Court Lawn (8:10pm)
- August 18th – Don’t Look Down at Rosecliff Lawn (8:00pm)
- August 25th – Being AP at Newport International Polo Grounds (7:45pm)
Summer Concert Series at Shops at Long Wharf – Enjoy free concerts throughout the summer from 1pm to 5pm down at the Shops at Long Wharf.
- July 9th – Carlos v Ramos
- July 16th – Japanese Drummers
- July 23rd – Ryan Charles
- July 30th – Vessela Stoyanova
- August 6th – ZanRicky
- August 13th – Lee Phillips & Friends
- August 20th – Drunken Logic
- August 27th – Half Step Down
- September 3rd Abbey Rhode
- September 4th – Ben Knight
- September 10th – Becky Chase Band
- September 17th – Amy Kucharik
- September 24th – InTandem
- October 1 – D’Rafael
- October 8th – Abbey Rhode
NIMFest at King Park – The series is presented by the City Of Newport with a gift from Mrs. Dorrance H. Hamilton. All concerts are scheduled on Sundays from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m., there are no rain dates. Bring a chair or enjoy the lawn seating at the park, shows are free and open to the public of all ages! Free.
- July 10th – JP Jones, Outer Earth and Gumption & Glory
- July 17th – Allysen Callery and Bob Kendall Band
- July 24th – Cherish The Ladies
- July 31st La Mechante et le Connard and Mac Chrupcala
- August 7th – Tribute to Newport Slim – Leslie Grimes & Matt Bruneau, Caboodle and Big Cat Blues Band
- August 14th – Joyce Katzberg and The Gnomes
- August 21st The Kane Brothers and Abbey Rhode
- August 28th ZanRicky and Chelley, Bill & Dyl
Summer Concert Series at Brick Market Place – Enjoy free concerts at Brick Market Place every Sunday from 1pm to 5pm.
- We’re working on getting our hands on a copy of their schedule.