Sarah Fimple is the Beverage Manager at The Wharf Pub on Bowen’s Wharf in Newport, RI.
Fimp’s Fave Five is back, Fimp’s Fave Five is here to tip you off on five new and/or great craft beers that are worth picking up at the liquor store, searching for around the city or stopping into The Wharf Pub and giving a try over the next week!
1 – Baxter Bootleg Fireworks DIIPA (Lewiston, Maine) ABV: 9.0% IBU: 80 – Baxter’s double IPA with an eruption of hoppiness on the front brewed with Australian hops and malt crisp finish.
2 – Bad Martha Vineyard Summer Ale (Edgartown, MA) ABV: 4.8% IBU: 7 – Golden Ale brewed with Pilsner and Saaz hops with a bright golden glow. Perfect beer for those hot summer days!
Welcome Migration Week from the guys at Goose Island! Come enjoy a glass of Sofie or Lolita this week at the Pub.
3 – Goose Island Sofie (Chicago, IL) ABV: 6.5% IBU: 20- Belgian style farmhouse ale aged in white wine barrels with notes of orange peel and spicy pepper.
4 – Goose Island Lolita (Chicago, IL) ABV: 8.7% IBU: 32 – Belgian style wild ale fermented with wild yeast and aged in raspberry wine barrels.
5 – Golden Road Wolf Pup Session IPA (Los Angeles, CA) ABV: 4.5% – Hoppy and refreshing with aromatically tropical fruit notes for those hot summer days.
Coming To The Pub? Here’s What’s Up
If you stop into The Wharf Pub this week, we recently welcomed Farmer Willie’s Ginger Beer to our beer list!
Also, our Beer Flight of the week is “The Three B’s Flight” This week we are featuring Brooklyn Blast, Buzzards Bay Horseneck IPA and Berkshire Brewing Co Inhopnito Ale.
Finally, help raise money for our friend Bobby Forster and the ALS fund by enjoying a pint of Newport Storm this weekend. Brewed with Canada pale malts, Citra hops (bobby’s favorite) and Cascade hops aged on oak barrels. A portion of of every sale go to the ALS fund and $2 from every beer goes to Bobby’s medical bills.
Friday: Live music with J Krak & Cairo from 9pm to 12am. No cover.
Saturday: Live music with The Z-Boys from 9pm to 12am. No cover.
Sunday: Live music from 7pm to 10pm. No cover.
Tuesday: Open Mic Night at 8pm-Sing a song and get a complimentary burger or sandwich
The Wharf Pub is located at 37 Bowen’s Wharf and online at www.thewharfpubnewport.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now