It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything from or about Yesterday’s, but it looks as if that’s about to change.
Notice has been given that an application has been filed by Yesterday’s Newport Inc., d.b.a. Yesterday’s, to transfer ownership of its Class BV alcoholic beverage license to Washington Square Bistro (Larry Goldstein), for the same premise.
Remonstrants will be heard by the Board of License Commissioners on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 6:30pm at Newport City Hall.
Yesterday’s closed after 42 years in business back on September 26, 2015, former owners Biggy and Maria have still owned the license since they closed.
Larry Goldstein is a partner in Goldstein Associates, “a privately-owned real estate investment company specializing in the development, acquisition and ownership of commercial real estate”.
A request for comment was not immediately responded to.
This story will be updated when more information is available.
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances