The World Match Racing Tour wraps up today out at Fort Adams State Park, the final day will include high-speed stadium-style racing between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Recap from Day #5 – World Match Racing Tour: Day 5 Recap and Results
Spectators will enjoy watching the sheer power of the M32 catamarans as they skip over the water with their helmeted crews hiking out on “racks” mounted outboard of the hulls.
The event also features live play-by-play commentary as well as music, food, family lawn games, a hospitality tent, and an M32 for kids to experience what it’s like onboard. The event is open to the public, with no admission fee and free parking.
SATURDAY, JUNE 4
- 9:30 a.m. Boats leave dock
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 Noon – Try Sailing-Free to public – all ages
- 10:00 a.m. – 2 p.m. – RACING
- Match Racing Semi-Finals (8 to 10 races)
- 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Match Racing Finals, Television Coverage
- After Racing: Awards Ceremony, open to the public
As Rhode Island’s Public Sailing Center, Sail Newport aims to provide the experience of sailing to the public and will offer free Try Sailing! opportunities to visitors today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.No experience is necessary as certified skippers and life jackets (for all ages) will be provided by Sail Newport
More From What’s Up Newp
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free
- CDC: If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – indoors or outdoors, in most settings