The World Match Racing Tour continues today out at Fort Adams State Park with high-speed stadium-style racing between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Recap from Day #2 – World Match Racing Tour: Day 2 Recap and Results
Spectators will enjoy watching the sheer power of the M32 catamarans as they skip over the water with their helmeted crews hiking out on “racks” mounted outboard of the hulls.
The event also features live play-by-play commentary as well as music, food, family lawn games, a hospitality tent, and an M32 for kids to experience what it’s like onboard. The event is open to the public, with no admission fee and free parking.
Wednesday, June 1
9:30 a.m. Boats leave dock
10:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Match racing “sail-off” between bottom 8 teams from Fleet Racing (8 races) – bottom 4 go home. Start of “Super 16” match racing knockout (up to 15 races)
2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Try Sailing-Free to public – all ages
As Rhode Island’s Public Sailing Center, Sail Newport aims to provide the experience of sailing to the public and will offer free Try Sailing! opportunities to visitors today from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.No experience is necessary as certified skippers and life jackets (for all ages) will be provided by Sail Newport
The Latest From WUN
- Obituary: Elizabeth Marion (Matter) Chambers
- Best-selling author Ann Hood hosts ‘The Writing Life’ public talk at Salve Regina on Oct. 30
- Brown University to significantly expand financial aid and college access
- What’s Up This Week: Hocus Pocus, Tour de Fright, Halloween festivities, and much more
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16