Frank Prosnitz, Phil West and Scott Wolf joined me today on The Open Forum on WADK 1540AM between 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Phil West, former executive director of Common Cause Rhode Island and author of “Secrets & Scandals, Reforming Rhode Island 1986-2006” joined Frank and I to discuss the gun reform legislation that has been stalled in the RI General Assembly, and ethics reform that’s headed to the November ballot.
Scott Wolf, Executive Director of Grow Smart Rhode Island joins us to talk about the upcoming Power of Place Summit, measuring Rhode Island’s economic performance over the first half of 2016, and looking at the forecast ahead for smart growth projects in RI.
Listen 12:30pm to 1pm
Listen 1pm to 2pm
Listen to The Open Forum with Ryan Belmore every weekday from 12:30pm to 2pm on WADK 1540AM!
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13