It was a action packed Monday edition of The Open Forum with Ryan Belmore on WADK 1540 AM on June 6th, here’s what’s happened…
World Oceans Day – I brought back audio from our recent discussion with Sailors For The Sea about World Oceans Day, Sailors For The Sea will host several events to celebrate the day on Wednesday, June 8th.
Global Wellness Day – Allison Schumann, Spa Director for Vanderbilt Grace, joined me to talk about the community program Vanderbilt Grace has put together for Global Wellness Day 2016 (see below).
Pawsox – Frank Proznitz, former reporter for the Providence Journal and Providence Business News, joined me to discuss the future of McCoy Stadium and the Pawsox.
Listen 12:30pm to 1pm
Listen 1pm to 2pm
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million