Phillip J. Slattery, age 87, of Newport died Sunday, June 12, 2016 at Heatherwood Nursing Home.
Mr. Slattery was born in Lockport, NY, son of the late Phillip and Mary (Condron) Slattery.
Mr. Slattery studied engineering at the University of Buffalo. He served as the Vice-President at Sigma Motor Inc. in Middleport, NY and Vice-President of Fisher-Price, Inc. in Medina, NY. He enjoyed golf, theater, opera and sailing.
He is survived by his daughter, Jennifer Slattery of Middletown and his son Phillip J. “Jimmy” Slattery of Middleton, WI. Phil was also the grandfather of Melissa Slattery-Zuck, Phillip “Jamie” Slattery, Rory Slattery, Jack Bownds and Allyson Bownds.
He was the brother of the late Francis Slattery, Charles Slattery, Marguerite Dyer, Esther Simpson, and Mary Elizabeth Matusak.
A memorial service will be held Friday, June 17, 2016 at 1:00PM in the Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals