Mary Victoria (Blight) Clearo Gray, 61, of Portsmouth passed away with her son at her side on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 after a courageous battle with cancer.
She grew up in the Newport and Portsmouth area. Mary held many positions in manufacturing, sales, CNA, and child care. She also performed volunteer work with the Carmelite Sisters and Nursing homes. Mary loved to make Christmas ornaments, and enjoyed gardening.
She is survived by her mother Dorothy Lopes, her son Russell Clearo and his partner Deb Sheehan and children, her sister Brenda Lee Blight Teckman and her spouse James Teckman, her brother Richard Michael Blight and spouse Arlene Blight, and numerous nieces and nephews.
Calling hours will be Sunday, June 26 from 12-2 at Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI with a service to follow at 2pm.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to the Visiting Nurse Service of Newport and Bristol Counties, 1184 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13