Mary Victoria (Blight) Clearo Gray, 61, of Portsmouth passed away with her son at her side on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 after a courageous battle with cancer.
She grew up in the Newport and Portsmouth area. Mary held many positions in manufacturing, sales, CNA, and child care. She also performed volunteer work with the Carmelite Sisters and Nursing homes. Mary loved to make Christmas ornaments, and enjoyed gardening.
She is survived by her mother Dorothy Lopes, her son Russell Clearo and his partner Deb Sheehan and children, her sister Brenda Lee Blight Teckman and her spouse James Teckman, her brother Richard Michael Blight and spouse Arlene Blight, and numerous nieces and nephews.
Calling hours will be Sunday, June 26 from 12-2 at Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI with a service to follow at 2pm.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to the Visiting Nurse Service of Newport and Bristol Counties, 1184 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch