Gail J. Carreia, 65, of Portsmouth, died Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at Charlton Memorial Hospital in Fall River, MA, surrounded by her family. She was the wife of William Carreira of Portsmouth for 38 years.
She is survived by her husband William Carreira of Portsmouth, a daughter Shannon Sykes and her husband Peter of North Dartmouth, MA and a son Will Carreira and his wife Jackie of Hesperia, CA, a sister Jo-Ann Rose and her husband Charlie of Port St. Lucie, FL and a brother Russell Motta and his wife Christine of Tiverton, RI. She is also survived by several nieces and nephews, great and great-great nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be held on Wednesday, June 15, 2016, at 11:00am, in Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13