Barbara M. (Ringwood) Rego, 82, of Portsmouth died Wednesday, June 1, 2016, at home surrounded by her family.
She was the wife of Gordon S. Rego, Jr.
Born on February 11, 1934 in Newport, RI, she was the daughter of the late Charles and Emilie (Anderson) Ringwood.
Mrs. Rego resided in Portsmouth since the age of 12. She was a knitting teacher and taught night school at Rogers High School. She also worked at Jem Art and Lynart Card and Yarn Shops in addition to working alongside her husband farming and gardening.
Besides her husband of 60 years, she was the mother of Gordon S. Rego, Wayne P. Rego and Marliee Ottilige all of Portsmouth, RI and Susanne Rago of Lombard, IL; eight grandchildren; and seven great grandchildren.
An hour of visitation will be held from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm on Tuesday June 7, 2016 at Connors Funeral Home 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
Her service will be held on Tuesday June 7, 2016, at 1:00 pm, in Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, RI.
Burial will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to:
South Coast Hospice
Attn: Community Affairs
Fairhaven, MA 02719
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)