Barbara J. (Clapp) Glover, 82, of Newport died Friday, June 17, 2016 after 4 weeks in the Newport Hospital ICU.
Born on May 21, 1934 in the small town of Asher, OK, she was the daughter of the late George Sherman and Elaine (Halsell) Clapp.
Joanne was the beloved wife of Stanton Glover Jr. and loving mother of Jay Wyatt Glover and grandmother of Brittany and Crimson Glover.
Mrs. Glover graduated in 1959 from Central Michigan University and went directly to work for the Technical Advisor to the Styling Staff at General Motors. After moving to Newport, she was the assistant to the Headmaster at St. George’s School in Middletown for 5 years.
Joanne is preceded in death by her parents and her older brother, Aubrey C. Clapp
She is survived by her husband, Stanton, her son Jay and her granddaughter; Crimson and Brittany. She is also survived by her sister Donna Rossetti and her husband Gino, of Basalt, Colorado, her brother George and his wife Diana, of Mount Pleasant, Michigan and many nieces and nephews.
At her request, there will be no calling hours or service.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to an animal shelter of your choice in honor of Joanne and Stan’s love for cats.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13