Anna P. Carreiro, 102, of Middletown died Friday, June 24, 2016 at Grand Islander Health Care Center, Middletown, RI.
Born on December 25, 1913 in Newport, RI, she was the daughter of the late Joseph S. and Victoria Maria (Deniz) Perry.
Mrs. Carreiro retired from the Uniform Shop at the Navy Uniform Shop on the Newport Naval Base where she worked as a seamstress.
She is survived by her siblings Elsie V. Perry Somerfield and her husband Anthony of Middletown, RI and Anthony Perry and his wife Deanne Starbird Perry of Manassas, VA, several nieces, nephews, great nieces, great nephews and great-great nieces and nephews.
She was the sister of the late Mary Dormoy Lawton, Emily Keeher, Lucy Silvia, Rose Culipher, Joseph S. Perry Jr. and Antone Perry.
Calling hours will be held on Wednesday morning from 9:30AM to 10:00AM in Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 AM in St. Lucy’s Church, 909 West Main Road, Middletown, RI.
Burial will be in St. Columba Cemetery, Browns Lane, Middletown.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 1 St. Jude Place Building, PO Box 1000, Dept. 300, Memphis, TN 38105.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record