Members of the Newport Police Department’s Special Response Team will partner with the United States Coast Guard this coming weekend to assist with “Operation Dry Water”, a national boating under the influence awareness and enforcement campaign.
“Alcohol use is the leading contributing factor in recreational boater deaths, we hope all boaters use good judgement and enjoy the beautiful weather predicted over the next few days while visiting our City By The Sea,” a release from the Newport Police Department stated.
More From What’s Up Newp
- United Way and Women United partner with the community for annual children’s book drive throughout May
- Passim School of Music to honor Bob Dylan ahead of his 80th birthday
- BJ’s Wholesale Club will host a hiring day on May 15, looking to fill 80 open positions across Rhode Island
- Charlestown Seafood Festival returns August 6 – 8
- Barrington home built by golfer Brad Faxon sells for more than $4.5 million