Members of the Newport Police Department’s Special Response Team will partner with the United States Coast Guard this coming weekend to assist with “Operation Dry Water”, a national boating under the influence awareness and enforcement campaign.
“Alcohol use is the leading contributing factor in recreational boater deaths, we hope all boaters use good judgement and enjoy the beautiful weather predicted over the next few days while visiting our City By The Sea,” a release from the Newport Police Department stated.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck