The Newport County Chamber of Commerce will host their annual Golf Tournament at Wanumetonomy Golf and Country Club on Monday, June 13th, with registration beginning at 11:45 a.m. and a 1:00 p.m. shotgun start.
During the tournament participants will have the opportunity to compete in putting, longest drive, closest to the pin and hole-in-one contest. A light lunch sponsored by Cox Business will be served and a beverage cart sponsored by Chestnut Hill Realty will travel the course to help competitors beat the heat.
After the tournament, players will enjoy a reception sponsored by Newport Hospital and dinner sponsored by SeaCorp. The Chamber is expecting more than 100 participants including Chamber members, local business persons, and community leaders. Members not participating in the tournament are also invited to join them for dinner and the awards ceremony.
Player registration is available online at NewportChamber.com or by calling 401-847-1608.
Wanumetonomy Golf & Country Club is a classic links-style course located in Middletown, it is an 18-hole, challenging and picturesque par 70 layout. Wanumetonomy was established in 1922 and is only 5 miles from downtown Newport,RI.
The Newport County Chamber of Commerce is the second largest chamber in the state with over 1100 members representing over 50,000 employees and is one of Rhode Island’s largest business advocacy organizations, formed to enhance the business, civic and economic vitality of Newport County and greater Rhode Island. We help businesses succeed.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13