Per the Rhode Island FY2017 Budget signed today, beach pass rates for parking at Rhode Island state beaches will be reduced, effective July 1, 2016. By law, current pass rates will apply through June 30, 2016.
New beach parking rates, effective July 1, 2016, are as follows:
Resident:$6 weekday, $7 weekend/holiday, $30 season. Non-Resident: $12 w, $14 we/h, $60 s. Resident Senior: $3 w, $3.50 we/h, $15 s. Non-Resident Senior: $6 w, $7 we/h, $30 s. Bus: $40.
Season pass holders who purchased a pass between May 17, 2016 and June 30, 2016 will receive a credit via gift certificate for the overage paid; the gift certificate can be used toward the purchase of a future season beach pass. For example, a resident who paid $60.00 will be credited back $30.00 by gift certificate. Daily passes purchased during this period will not receive a credit. New and current season pass rates are as follows:
Resident: $60 current, $30 7/1. Non-Resident: $120 current, $60 7/1. Resident Senior: $30 current, $15 7/1. Non-Resident Senior: $60 current, $30 7/1.
To apply for the season beach pass credit, pass holders must submit the following to DEM between July 9, 2016 and September 15, 2016:
1. Holder’s contact information, including first/last name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. 2. Copy or photo of the vehicle registration associated with the 2016 season beach pass. 3. 2016 season beach pass number and type.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or sent via postal mail to DEM Rhode Island State Parks Headquarters, Attention Beach Pass Credit, 1100 Tower Hill Road, North Kingstown, RI 02852. Applications will also be accepted online between July 9, 2016 and September 15, 2016 at www.dem.ri.gov or in person at headquarters, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., and Saturdays in July, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., beginning on the 9th. Applications should indicate a preference for certificate delivery or pick up and allow a minimum of two (2) business days for processing. In order to be eligible for the credit, all required information must be fully verified. As such, credit transactions will not be made at the beach parking lot booth.
For more information on Rhode Island state beaches, visit www.dem.ri.gov. Follow DEM on Twitter (@RhodeIslandDEM) or Facebook at www.facebook.com/RhodeIslandDEM for timely updates.
The Latest From WUN
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health
- Obituary: Grace Elaine Kinnunen
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th