A male construction worker fell from an 8 foot step ladder while working on renovation at Newport Onshore Resort this morning.
Witnesses tell us that the man was attempting to hand an extension cord to a co-worker on the roof of the building, located at 405 Thames Street, when all of a sudden they saw the man and ladder both fall over.
Newport Police Department and Newport Fire Department responded to the scene and transported the unidentified man to Newport Hospital.
The man was in significant pain, but was moving and responsive.
Newport Onshore Resort has been going through ongoing renovations that have included a new roof, replacement of windows and most recently, the building has been being painted.
This story will be updated when/if more information is received from authorities.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch