Sarah Fimple is the Beverage Manager at The Wharf Pub on Bowen’s Wharf in Newport, RI.
Fimp’s Fave Five is back, Fimp’s Fave Five is here to tip you off on five new and/or great craft beers that are worth picking up at the liquor store, searching for or stopping into The Wharf Pub and giving a try over the next week!
Can’t decide on a beer? Here’s our top fave five this week!
1 – Allagash Curieux – 11.2% ABV
Allagash’s first bourbon barrel aged beer from back in September 2014. The brewers took they’re Tripel and aged it for months in Jim Beam barrels giving it notes of Vanilla and Coconut with hints of Bourbon. You can find this beer pretty regularly at the Wharf Pub.
2 – Ommegang Glimmerglass – 5.4% ABV
Ommegang’s Spring Seasonal Saison with fruity aromas of pear, apple, and spice on the end.
3 – Dogfish Biere de Provence – 8.3% ABV
Summer Saison inspired by the fields of Provence in Southern France brewed with wheat, rye lavender and bay leaves. Available for a limited time.
4 – Berkshire Brewing Co Farmstand Raspberry Barley Wine- 9.0% ABV
Strong ale fermented with fresh raspberries, with a sweet tart finish.
5 – Two Roads Espressway – 6.5% ABV
Coffee Stout brewed with local Ethiopian/Sumatra coffee beans with a German built “Brewnik” that makes espresso without the steam. Has a rich chocolate finish and sure to keep you up all day!
We are now featuring two flights here at the Wharf Pub. On the deck this week we have our Porch Flight featuring:
Otter Creek Fresh Slice White IPA
Ballast Point Mango Even Keel
New Belgium Citradelic $10
Come cool down inside and enjoy our Sweet and Sour Flight! This week we are featuring:
Brooklyn Bel Air Sour
Black Hog S.W.A.G
Coronado Berry the Hatchet $11
- Friday: Live music at 8pm. No cover.
- Saturday: Live music at 8pm. No cover.
- Sunday: Live music at 2pm. No cover.
- Tuesday: Open Mic Night at 8pm-Sing a song and get a complimentary burger or sandwich
- Thursday: Bingo at 8pm. Bingo cards cost just $1 and you can win prizes such as gift certificates for dinner at The Wharf Pub
The Wharf Pub is located at 37 Bowen’s Wharf and online at www.thewharfpubnewport.com.
The Latest From WUN
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2
- Hocus Pocus 2 begins filming in Rhode Island
- Kerri Powers and Stefan Couture playing Blackstone River Theatre October 30th
- “Creatures of Imagination” exhibition opens Oct. 21 at Salve Regina’s Hamilton Gallery
- What Sold: 24 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (Oct. 11 – 15)