What’s On Tap at The Wharf Pub is a sponsored weekly column written by Sarah Fimple, Beverage Manager of The Wharf Pub. It’s meant to keep you in the know of what their serving up for beverages, food and entertainment.
The Wharf Pub is currently featuring 20 draft lines (mostly New England based beer companies) and 63 bottles (local, domestic and international favorites).
The Wharf Pub is currently doing a special menu for American Craft Beer from May 16th through May 22nd, they are the only place in Newport carrying all these beers.
Our Porch is officially open! Here is what we have flowing from the draft lines this week:
- Allagash White (Portland, ME) ABV: 5.1% IBU: 9 Belgian Wheat Ale brwed with coriander, curacao orange peel, with a fruity finish.
- Otter Creek Citra Mantra IPL (Middlebury, VT) ABV: 5.75% IBU: 55 Single hopped IPL brewed with Citra hops, Vienna and Munich malts.
- Brooklyn Summer Ale (Brooklyn, NY) ABV: 5.0% IBU: 0 Summer ale with a big citrus flavor and a light crisp finish.
- Ballast Point Mango Even Keel (San Diego, CA) ABV: 3.8% IBU: 40 This brewery is a staff favorite! Session IPA bursting with huge mango flavor and a low ABV what’s not to love?
- Foolproof Backyahd IPA (Pawtucket, RI) ABV: 6.0% IBU: 73 Another local brew that we love. Foolproof’s Backyahd is single hopped with American hops giving it a malty backbone finish. Perfect beer to pair with barbequing!
- Grey Sail Hazy Day Wit (Westerly, RI) ABV: 4.0% IBU: 20 Grey Sail’s Summer Seasonal is back! Belgian style Witbier with a fruit finish.
- East Ciders Austin Honey (Austin, TX) ABV: 5.0% IBU: 0 East Cider’s Austin Honey is brand new to Rhode Island. Hard Cider fermented with bittersweet and dessert apples. Slight sweet finish.
- Victory Agave IPA (Downington, PA) ABV: 7.0% IBU: 70 Victory’s newest IPA made with grapefruit and a touch of agave syrup.
- Peak Organic Summer Session Ale (Portland, ME) ABV: 5.0% IBU: 61 Peak Organic’s Summer Session Ale is back for the season. West Coast style Pale Ale brewed with locally grown wheat. Enjoy this beer all summer at the Pub!
- Lagunitas Czech Pilsner (Petaluma, CA) ABV: 5.6% IBU: 33 Czech Style Pilsner brewed with Saaz hops and fermented from the bottom giving it a light and crisp finish.
This week come try our Lovers Dream Flight, it includes Whalers Hazelnut Stout, Stony Creek Chahklit and Stone Encore 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. $15 and while supplies last.
Join us next Wednesday, Stone Brewing Co. will be in house and it will be a great opportunity to try the new Tangerine IPA! Spin the wheel and win prizes from the brewery!
- Friday: Live music at 8pm. No cover.
- Saturday: Live music at 8pm. No cover.
- Sunday: Live music at 2pm. No cover.
- Tuesday: Open Mic Night at 8pm-Sing a song and get a complimentary burger or sandwich
- Thursday: Bingo at 8pm. Bingo cards cost just $1 and you can win prizes such as gift certificates for dinner at The Wharf Pub
The Wharf Pub is located at 37 Bowen’s Wharf and online at www.thewharfpubnewport.com.