For over a quarter of a century, Secret Garden Tours have provided more than 1.25 million dollars in support of art education in our public schools.
An integral part of their great success has been the dedication and commitment of their wonderful, loyal volunteers.
The 2016 “Historic Point” Tour will take place on Friday, JUNE 17, Saturday, JUNE 18, & Sunday, JUNE 19, from 10 am to 5 pm. each of the three days. Volunteers work in shifts, acting as ticket-takers, hosts and guides, providing general information to the visitors. In appreciation, volunteers receive a free ticket to tour all of the gardens. To help them schedule over 180 volunteers, they ask that volunteers check personal calendars before signing up so they can accommodate their schedules.
To sign up send an email with name, phone number and choice of sitting time(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The shifts are: Friday, June 17, 10 am to 1:30 pm and 1:30 to 5:00 pm; Saturday, June 18, 10 am to 1:30 pm and 1:30 to 5:00 pm and Sunday, June 19, 10 am to 1:30 pm and 1:30 to 5:00 pm. For additional information call Donna Maytum, Volunteer Coordinator, 401-439-7253.
More from What’s Up Newp
- 23 Open Houses to check out in Newport County this weekend
- Obituary: Eileen Schultz English
- Obituary: Joseph R Casale
- Gerry Goldstein: Horse sense from a cowboy philosopher
- Opinion: Lucy’s Hearth needs the community’s support now more than ever
- National Grid making progress in restoration efforts
- Celtic Woman’s “Postcards From Ireland” arriving at Mohegan Sun Arena on March 18, 2022
- What’s Up This Weekend: Salve Fall Festival Weekend, Halloween Hilarity, Trunk or Treat, and more
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels