The Newport Art Museum continues to engage and inspire the whole family with “Second Saturday” (May 14, 10a-12p), an engaging family-oriented program designed to inspire young minds and satisfy the curiosity of every member of the family.
Each Second Saturday is uniquely curated based on a theme, and includes a variety of activities geared for ages 3-12. This event joins the ranks of the many events and educational programs the Museum currently offers in its galleries at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport. And the best news? Admission is free or by donation! So, reacquaint yourself with the Newport Art Museum. Details are available at NewportArtMuseum.org.
This month, “Second Saturday” you can enjoy enjoy beast-making at the Museum! Create your own unique characters based on ancient mythic animals, gods and goddesses. The head of a griffin, a unicorn’s horn, the wings of a pegasus, and a mermaid’s tail? YUP! Listen to stories, visit the Museum’s resident Griffin, take a peek at some inspiring drawings, and spend time with new friends. Have an inspired morning! Expand your children’s visual literacy skills with a mini guided Learning to Look tour where we’ll focus on close looking at one or two works selected especially for Second Saturday.
Admission is free, for more information or to pre-register visit www.newportartmuseum.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)