A 69-year-old Portsmouth man was killed in a domestic homicide incident that took place earlier on Monday evening at an apartment on East Main Road in Portsmouth.
The Portsmouth Police Department has provided the following information to What’sUpNewp regarding the incident;
On May 16, 2016 at 7:17 p.m., Portsmouth Police responded to 3028 East Main Road for the report of a male who had been show with a firearm. A 57 year old female identified as Lisa Almeida-Laureanno had made a 911 call stating that she had shot her husband.
Inside an apartment at this address, officers located the shooting victim who was a 69 year old Portsmouth male.
The male had been shot at leas t one time in the torso and was pronounced dead at the scene.
There was no indication of any physical assault prior to the shooting.
Lisa Almeida-Laureanno was placed under arrest for Domestic Murder and will be arraigned later this morning at Newport County District Court.
The victim is being identified as Manuel Laureanno, the husband of the arrestee. Portsmouth detectives obtained a search warrant for the residence, and a revolver and several other firearms have been seized.
The homicide remains under investigation by the Portsmouth Police Department, the Attorney General’s Office, and the State Medical Examiner.
A press conference was held at 10 a.m. on Tuesday at Portsmouth Police Headquarters;
What Others Are Saying
- Patch – Portsmouth Woman Charged with Domestic Murder
- WLNE – Man fatally shot in Portsmouth, woman arrested
- WPRI – Police: Portsmouth man killed in domestic homicide
- WJAR – Woman arrested, charged in Portsmouth murder
- Greenfield Daily Reporter – A 69-year-old man has been fatally shot in Portsmouth, and a …
- Daily Journal – A 69-year-old man has been fatally shot in Portsmouth, and a …
The Latest From WUN
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record
- Living History Event brings re-enactors, spectators to Butts Hill Fort
- Opinion: Portsmouth voters must reject Question 2
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2