Three City Council members will introduce a Resolution at the May 25th Newport City Council meeting that will construct
an ordinance to phase out the use of disposable plastic bags in Newport.
The “Single Use Plastics” Resolution, which was introduced by Councilor’s John Florez, Naomi Neville and Lynn Ceglie, would call on the City Administration, in conjunction with the Planning Board and the Energy and Environment Commission. to construct an ordinance to phase out the use of disposable plastic bags.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune