All Saints STEAM Academy, Middletown RI will made history today when they became the first Rhode Island school to chat with International Space Station.
Students from across the state — Providence, Greenville, Barrington, Jamestown, and Aquidneck Island asked Astronaut Jeff Williams (veteran NASA astronaut, with RI connections – 1996 graduate of the Newport Naval War College, 2007 recipient of an honorary doctorate from Johnson & Wales University) questions about life on the ISS.
The live feed came in between 12:30pm to 1pm and I had some reaction to the call after 1pm.
Listen 12:30pm – 1pm
Listen 1pm to 2pm
- RI’s First Space-to-School Chat Set to Take Place This Friday, Student Contest Winners Announced
- Middletown School Set to Chat with International Space Station on May 6th
- Newport County Students Getting Ready to Talk to International Space Station
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)