Frank Prosnitz, a former Reporter for the Providence Journal and Providence Business News, joined me on The Open Forum on Wednesday to discuss local politics, statewide politics and much more.
Among the topics that were discussed were how many members of the Rhode Island General Assembly “called out” journalists, the Providence Journal and WPRI on their journalistic practices.
We also discussed the (then) proposed resolution to ban plastic bags in Newport, and the Senate Hearing today that will discuss raising the meals and beverage tax in Newport and Middletown.
Listen 12:30pm to 1pm
Listen 1pm to 2pm
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13