Today on The Open Forum on WADK, we celebrated polo and art.
Galloping into the WADK studio today to talk about the 25th season of Newport Polo, was Newport Polo’s founder and President Dan Keating.
It wasn’t that many years ago that on a late Saturday afternoon you could drive down the long road to Glen Farm in Portsmouth, stake out your tailgating spot, and prepare for an enjoyable afternoon of polo, beverages and food. That was then. Now, Newport Polo is more popular than ever. Reservations for those tailgating spots are necessary, crowds much larger as Newport Polo has become one of Rhode Island’s major summertime attractions.
Also joining us today was Jonna Chokas, marketing and development director of the Mashantucket Pequot Museum, where this weekend the Indigenous Fine Art Market will bring 90 indigenous artists and performers from across the United States and Canada for what is expected to be the largest indigenous art show and celebration in the Northeast.
Jonna joined us from 12:30 pm to 1pm and Dan Keating joined us from 1pm to 2pm.
Listen 12:30pm – 1pm
Listen 1pm – 2pm
Listen to The Open Forum with Ryan Belmore every weekday from 12:30pm to 2pm on WADK 1540 AM!
More From What’s Up Newp
- Preservation Society of Newport County receives prestigious award from Garden Club of America
- What’s Up This Weekend in Newport County: May 14 – 16
- Beavertail Lighthouse, Watch Hill Lighthouse are being given away for free
- CDC: If you’re fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask – indoors or outdoors, in most settings
- Opinion: Our seniors have earned the comfort to know we value them