Performance Physical Therapy’s newest location at 66 Valley Street, inside the popular Newport Athletic Club is now open for business!
Performance Physical Therapy, a Rhode Island based state-of-the-art, physical therapist-owned practice, has announced that they have opened their 10th clinic at Newport Athletic Club.
Performance Physical Therapy and Newport Athletic Club have partnered to create a unique therapy and fitness experience for all ages and activity levels.
“Having Performance Physical Therapy in house brings added value to our gym patrons as well as servicing the communities of Aquidneck Island and surrounding communities”, said Kevin Buck, owner of Newport Athletic Club.
“I am excited to have this wonderful opportunity to serve the members of Newport Athletic Club and residents of Newport County and surrounding areas to provide our brand of outcomes based physical therapy and get to do so in a beautiful and health inspired atmosphere,” said Dr. Kayleigh Melroy, DPT, Clinical Director of the Newport location.
Dr. Kayleigh Melroy graduated from Ithaca College in 2012 with Doctorate in Physical Therapy and minor in Dance. With her unique background in dance Kayleigh specializes in performing arts/dance rehabilitation, spine and hip pathology and is certified in trigger point dry-needling.
Dr. Melroy regularly works with and provides physical therapy services to the dancers of Newport’s ballet company, Island Moving Company.
Performance Physical Therapy offers same day appointments, flexible clinical hours and centralized scheduling for patient convenience.
Patients looking to schedule an appointment with Dr Kayleigh can call 401-726-7100. Initially, appointments will be available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during May. Performance Physical Therapy accepts most insurances and non-gym members are welcome.
“Our patrons can consult with Kayleigh anytime to assess their function so they work out pain-free,” states Buck.
More on Performance Physical Therapy
Performance Physical Therapy is a Rhode Island based state-of-the-art, physical therapist-owned practice offering a variety of innovative services that help patients of all ages achieve optimal physical function-fitness, wellness and rehabilitation. With ten convenient locations, the largest number of board-certified physical therapists in the state of Rhode Island and the States first and only HydroWorx Therapeutic pool, Performance is a leader in the healthcare community throughout Rhode Island and SE Massachusetts.
For more information on Performance Physical Therapy visit www.performanceptri.com
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library
- Governor, RIDOH, Newport City officials, community partners to host canvassing effort on Wednesday to encourage vaccination