Robert P. Marks, 69, of Newport, died Monday, May 23, 2016 at Newport Hospital. Robert was born July 3, 1946 in Newport, the son of the late Carl F. and the late Catherine (Cox) Marks.
He is survived by four sons, Patrick Marks of Mashpee, MA, Kevin Marks of Tiverton, RI, Christopher Marks of Newport, RI and Robert Burke of Coventry, RI, as well as his former wife, Jean Steinhouse of Newport, RI.
A funeral with military honors will be held at 12:30 pm on Tuesday, May 31 at Rhode Island Veterans Memorial Cemetery, 301 South County Trail, Exeter, RI.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13