Helen (Stashkow) Gallagher, 83, of Tiverton died Sunday, May 15, 2016 at Philip Hulitar Hospice Center in Providence, RI. She was the wife of the late Richard W. Gallagher.
She is survived by several nieces and nephews, Joan and Paul Pineau of Seekonk, MA, and Suzanne and Larry Castle of Lake Worth, FL, Sally and Bill Treadwell of Jacksonville, NC, Sandy and Les Williams of Jacksonville, FL, Larry and Becky Gallagher of Pottstown, PA, Donnajoy and Ben Mosser of Middletown, PA, and Beth, Jenny and David Miller.
She was the sister of the late Mitchell Stashkow and Mary (Stashkow) Gonsalves.
Her services are private.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to your favorite charity.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13