Christine E. (Antonelli) Loffredo, 93, died peacefully Monday, May 16, 2016 surrounded by her loving family.
She is predeceased by her husband Joseph N. Loffredo, with whom she owned and operated Kristina Shoes on Bellevue Avenue for 30 years.
She was a savvy businesswoman, a loving mother and an exemplary wife and friend. Her beauty outside was secondary only to the beauty in her heart. Her family always came first.
She is survived and sadly missed by her four children, Toni Paquette of Shrewsbury, MA, Joseph Loffredo, Jr. of Portsmouth, RI, Robert Loffredo of Barrington, RI and Kenneth Loffredo of Newport, RI, along with their spouses and ten grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
She was the sister of the late Brig. General John W. Antonelli, Adolf Antonelli, Concetta Ippolito and Jane Wilson of Andover, MA.
Her funeral will be held on Friday, May 20, 2016, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00 am in St. Mary’s Church, Spring Street, Newport, RI.
Burial will follow in St. Columba Cemetery, Browns Lane, Middletown.
Donations in her memory may be made to the Breast Cancer Care at Hudner Oncology, St. Anne’s Hospital, 795 Middle Street, Fall River, MA, 02721.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million
- Frank Prosnitz: My Jazz Festival’s Top Picks
- Gerry Goldstein: Word horseplay draws some pun-gent responses