Born on April 8, 1949 in Newport, RI, Christine graduated from St. Catherine’s Academy in 1968 and then went on to Roger Williams University graduating with a nursing degree in 1970. She spent most of her life raising her three beloved children in Newport, Middletown, and Jamestown, RI. Later in life, Christine moved to Warren, RI and became a resident of the Willows Assisted Living. She was an active member of her church, St. Mary’s of the Bay and spent time volunteering at the Grace Barker Nursing Home and The Rockwell School. She had a strong Catholic faith and was surrounded by wonderful friends in her church community. Christine most enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren: Jameson Gibbons (16), Colin Gibbons (12), Brady Paquette (9), and Brooke Paquette (6). The family would like to thank the South Coast Hospice Nurses and the Grace Barker Nursing Home for giving her special, loving care.
Calling hours will be held on Monday, May 23, 2016 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. in Connors Funeral Home 55 West Main Road in Portsmouth.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. in St. Mary of the Bay Church, 645 Main Street in Warren, RI.
Burial will follow in St. Columba Cemetery, Browns Lane in Middletown.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her name may be made to St. Mary of the Bay Church, 645 Main Street, Warren, RI 02885.
The Latest From WUN
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend
- AARP Analysis: COVID-19 deaths and cases in Rhode Island nursing homes increased from August to September