In order for the Newport School District to receive 35% reimbursement on the Rogers High School Roof project that was approved by voters in November 2014, Rhode Island Department of Education requires the district to notify the community twenty working days in advance of the request for a variance.
Colleen Burns Jermain, Superintendent of Newport Public Schools, provided us with the following Variance Request and asked us to share it with the public on May 13th;
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend