The following items of business, filed with the City Clerk under the Rules of the Council, will come before the Council at its regular meeting to be held on May 25, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. at Pell Elementary School.
For more information and links to documents, visit HERE.
(Speakers must sign in with the City Clerk). The Citizen’s Forum period shall be no longer than fifteen minutes, and citizens may address the Council on one subject only and for no longer than three minutes. Issues to be discussed shall not include matters to be considered or discussed as part of the regular council agenda and must be related to substantive city business. No comments regarding personnel or job performance are allowed.
COUNCIL LIAISON UPDATES
1. PUBLIC HEARING: Recommended 2016-2017 Operating Budget
- OrdinanceAppropriating Revenues for FY2016-2017 (First Reading)
- OrdinanceAmending Title 3, Personnel (First Reading)
- OrdinanceAmending Chapters 13.12.010 and 13.12.040 to increase the Sewer Rate to $17.00 per 1,000 gallons of metered water consumption (First Reading)
- BudgetChanges Subsequent to Release of Proposed FY2017 Budget Changes Received at March 23, 2016 Council Meeting
- Calculationof Property Tax Levy and Tax Rate
- RevisedRecommended CIP Schedule
- FY 2017 Amended General Fund Revenues
- FY 2017 Amended General Fund Expenditures
- i. FY 2017 Parking Facilities Budget
- FY 2017 Maritime Fund Budget
- FY 2017 Equipment Operations Fund Budget
- FY 2017 Water Pollution Control Fund Budget
- FY 2017 Water Fund Memoand Budget
2. CONSENT CALENDAR.
(THE CONSENT CALENDAR IS APPROVED IN ITS ENTIRETY UNLESS THE COUNCIL REMOVES AN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION. ALL LICENSES ARE GRANTED SUBJECT TO COMPLIANCE WITH ORDINANCES #31-80 AND #98-40.)
- Minutes of the meetings held March 23, 2016 and April 13, 2016 (Approve)
- Special Event Licenses:
1) Aquidneck Community Table, d/b/a Opening Celebration for Island Community Garden, Great Friend Meeting House Lawn; May 27, 2016 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
2) TLC Enterprises, LLC, d/b/a Summer Kick Off Party, Wellington Square, 580 Thames St.; May 27, 2016 from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
3) Alfred Conklin, d/b/a Newport Flea Market, Elks Lodge; May 28, 2016 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
4) Ancient Order of Hibernians, d/b/a Wolftour Concert, Hibernian Hall, 2 Wellington Ave.; June 1, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
5) Day One, d/b/a Swing into Summer Fundraiser, International Tennis Hall of Fame Museum; June 3, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
6) Beechwood Foundation Inc., d/b/a Marley Bridges Theatre Co.-Mystery at the Museum: Wedding Belles, Newport Art Museum; 6/4, 6/18, 7/16, 7/23, 8/6, and 8/20/16 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
7) American Heart Association, d/b/a American Heart Association Heart Ball, Marble House; June 11, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
8) Pyrotecnico, d/b/a Fireworks Display, Field Adjacent to the Eisenhower House, Fort Adams State Park; June 11, 2016 from 9:30 to 10:00 p.m.
9) Newport Public Education Foundation, Inc., d/b/a An Evening for Education Fundraiser, The Edward King House; June 10, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
10) Cherish the Moments, LLC, d/b/a Family Affair Event, Newport Elks Lodge; June 11, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
11) St. John the Evangelist Church, d/b/a St. John’s Thrift Sale, St. John the Evangelist Church; June 17 & 18, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
12) The Rev’d Canon Anne Marie Richards, d/b/a Trinity Church Strawberry Festival, Trinity Church Campus; June 18, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
13) RI Council for the Humanities, d/b/a Mayor’s Office 2061-Pop Up Art Installation; 48 Touro St.; June 18, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
14) Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center, d/b/a Annual Meeting and Keeper of the Dream Celebration, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; June 20, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
15) Newport Restoration Foundation, d/b/a Rough Point After Dark: Sights and Sounds of Shangri La, 680 Bellevue Ave.; June 22, July 27, and August 24, 2016 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
16) Jeanne M. Drapeau, d/b/a Craft Garden and Botanical Show, Elks Lodge; June 25, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
17) Oliver Hazard Perry Rhode Island, d/b/a Oliver Hazard Perry Summer Party Fundraiser, Newport Shipyard; July 1, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
18) Audrain Automobile Museum, d/b/a Audrain Automobile Museum Gala: Let the Good Times Roll, Rosecliff; August 26, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
19) St. Joseph of Cluny Sisters School, d/b/a Cluny Country Fair, Cluny School; September 25, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
20) Episcopal Diocese of RI, d/b/a Fundraiser for Episcopal Conference Center, Easton’s Beach Rotunda; October 21, 2016 from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Holiday Selling License, Renewal, Anchor Bend Glassworks, LLC, d/b/a Anchor Bend Glassworks, 16 Franklin St.
- Holiday Selling License, New Owner, K & K Food Mart, Inc., d/b/a K & K Food Mart, 10 Connell Highway
- BicycleRental Agency, New, Mansion Rentals, Inc., d/b/a Mansion Rentals Inc., 8 Fair St.
- Private Detective License, Renewal, William J. Gearon, Jr., d/b/a DeBeers Investigation, 35 Pelham St. Unit B
- Communicationfrom Carla O’Rourke, re: Request for an annual block party on Bush Street, July 4, 2016 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and to request a street closure (Approve subject to details being worked out with City Administration)
- Communicationfrom Chris Fagan, re: Resignation from the Historic District Commission (Receive with regret)
- i. Communicationfrom, Jennifer Schultz, re: 2ndAnnual National Gun Violence Awareness Day and the 2016 Wear Orange Campaign June 2, 2016 (Receive and refer to City Administration)
LICENSES & PERMITS
- 2016 Entertainment License Renewals (list attached)
- VictualingLicense, New, Swaze Ink, LLC, d/b/a Broadway 66 Deli, 66 Broadway
- Second-hand License, New, Upon a Star, LLC, d/b/a Wish Newport, 80 Thames St. (Hearing)
- Applicationfor Class A (Indoor) Entertainment License, New, 99 West, LLC, d/b/a 99 Restaurant & Pub, 199 J. T. Connell Highway (Hearing)
- Applicationfor an Entertainment License, Expansion, 2paddyandacanuck, LLC, d/b/a The Fifth Element, 107-111 Broadway, to expand the Class A (indoor) hours from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. and to add Class B (Outdoor) entertainment from Memorial Day to Labor Day from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Sunday-Saturday (Hearing)
- Applicationfor a Class A (Indoor) Entertainment License, New, NSC, Inc., d/b/a Newport Sportsman Club, 110 J. T. Connell Highway (Hearing)
- Applicationfor a Class B (Outdoor) Entertainment License, Expansion, Grace Hotels (The) Vanderbilt, LLC, d/b/a Vanderbilt Grace Hotels, 41 Mary St. to add outdoor entertainment from May 12 through October 31 from 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily (Hearing)
10. APPOINTMENTS TO BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
Note: Vacancies currently or soon will exist on the following Boards and Commissions:
Accessibility Advisory Committee, Ad Hoc Committee on Waste Water and Storm Water Improvements, Affirmative Action Commission, Beach Commission, Charter Review Commission, Finance Review Committee, Harbor Walk Commission, Historic Cemetery Advisory Commission, Historic District Commission, Hospitality Commission, Tree and Open Space Commission, Zoning Board
- SingleUse Plastics- J. Florez, N. Neville, L. Ceglie
- Proofof residency for the Transfer Station – N. Neville
- AmendingChapter 10.24, entitled “Parking Restrictions on Specific Streets,” Sections 10.24.030 and 10.24.050 to change three spaces from 2 hour limit to 30 minute limit on Mill Street (Second Reading)- Continued from May 11, 2016
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE CITY MANAGER
- Action#5523/16 RE: Transfer from Council Contingency – Funding for City Newsletter (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5524/16 RE: Lease Agreement – Hertz Corporation – Parking Spaces at Gateway (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5525/16 RE: Award of Bid – Police Vehicle Computers and Mounts (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5526/16 RE: Award of Bid – Third Party Rescue Service Billing Administration (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5527/16 RE: Agreement – Potter League for Animals – Animal Shelter Services (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5528/16 RE: Award of Contract – Parking Lot Equipment (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5529/16 RE: RIDEM Recreation Acquisition and Development Grant Application (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5530/16 RE: Addendum to the Municipal Solid Waste and Recycling Services Agreement (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5531/16 RE: Supplemental Agreement #12, Contract #15-038 for Freebody Structural Repairs and Restoration – Concrete Repairs at Easton’s Beach (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5532/16 RE: Award of Bid – Laboratory Testing Services – Cryptosporidium (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5533/16 RE: Award of Bid – Water Treatment Chemicals (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5534/16 RE: Award of Bid – Annual Water Works Supplies (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5535/16 RE: Award of Contract – Salary Classification Study for NEARI and AFSCME Classified Positions (w/accompanying resolution)
- Action#5536/16 RE: Design/Build/Operate Service Contract Award for Water Pollution Control System (w/accompanying resolution)
ADJOURN AS COUNCIL AND CONVENE AS BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
BOARD OF LICENSE COMMISSIONERS
- Sunday Selling License, Renewal, Newport Wine Cellar, LLC, d/b/a Newport Wine Cellar, 11 Memorial Blvd.
More From What’s Up Newp
- Obituary: Paul S. Lutz
- Join more than 20,000 subscribers, sign up for What’s Up Newp’s free daily newsletter
- Be part of ‘Newport RI World Oceans Day’ with Clean Ocean Access
- Aquidneck Land Trust awards 13 grants to local community, neighborhood groups through Merritt Neighborhood Fund
- Newport Polo’s 20th annual charity gala will benefit Jeffrey Osborne Foundation