Systems Engineering Associates Corporation (SEA CORP) of Middletown, Rhode Island was recently awarded an $800 million, five-year multi-award contract from the Office of Naval Research (ONR) in support of the Electromagnetic Maneuver, Command and Control (EMC2) program.
This effort will focus on science and technology to enable a next generation of integrated, multifunction Radio Frequency (RF) systems. Tasks include design, fabrication, integration, and test and evaluation for the development and demonstration of a set of prototypes. Prototypes will exhibit technologies that enable advanced multifunction RF architectures that integrate Electronic Warfare (EW), radar, communications, and information operations functions across common infrastructures.
David Lussier, SEA CORP’s Executive Vice President commented, “This win compliments SEA CORP’s extensive experience with EW/RF systems and with combat and command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C5ISR) systems. SEA CORP is eager to have the opportunity to showcase innovative solutions for next generation capabilities in support of the U.S. Navy. We look forward to applying our personnel and expertise in this area to develop concepts and products and integrate them with existing systems in support of this contract.”
SEA CORP, a locally-owned Rhode Island business, was founded in Newport in 1981. The company provides a wide variety of systems engineering and related services primarily to Government customers. They are headquartered in Middletown’s Aquidneck Corporate Park. SEA CORP employs about 400 professionals including engineers, scientists, technicians and management/administrative support personnel.
SEA CORP is located 62 Johnny Cake Hill in Middletown, RI. For more information about SEA CORP, visit www.seacorp.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year
- Home on Chastellux Avenue in Newport sells for $7.1 million