Laura Jean Denim is holding a denim drive Wednesday, May 25 through Wednesday, June 15 that will upcycle donated jeans into housing insulation.
Participants that donate at least one pair of used jeans will receive a coupon for $20 off a new pair of jeans. All donated denim will be upcycled into UltraTouch
Cotton Incorporated began the denim recycling program in 2006 to help benefit local communities. Collecting over one million pieces of denim, the insulation has been distributed through organizations like Habitat for Humanity. Blue Jeans Go Green
“I’m excited to be a part of a denim repurposing program that takes denim out of our landfills and puts it to good use,” says owner, Laura Flynn. “Our customers are environmentally conscious and I’m sure will be eager to participate.”
Laura Jean Denim is a specialty boutique dedicated to helping customers find the perfect pair of premium denim for every occasion. Featuring jeans, tops, shoes and accessories from premium brands such as AG, Hudson, Frame, Frye, Fly London, Joie, Magashoni cashmere and more. Located in Newport, R.I., only a few steps away from the International Tennis Hall of Fame on Bellevue Avenue. Parking is available on Bellevue Avenue, William Street, and in the Bellevue Gardens Plaza.
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season