Trésor Estate Sales of Newport announces a two-weekend sale at the splendid French-style chateau, “The Orchard,” home of TED creator, Richard Saul Wurman and best-selling novelist, Gloria Nagy.
The Greenhouse and Garden Sale is on Saturday, May 14, 9am- 3pm; the Carriage House Contents Sale is on Saturday, May 21 and Sunday May 22, 9am – 3pm. “The Orchard” is located at 180 Narragansett Avenue in Newport.
Additional information can be found at: http://tresorestatesales.com/ and http://estatesales.org/newport-ri-estate-sales/newport-ri-mansion-the-841297
Greenhouse and Garden Sale, Sat. May 14, 9am – 3pm
There are two greenhouses on the property. All greenhouse plants are mature; some are twenty years old, having been lovingly tended to by the caretaker. Potted plants, garden features, and outdoor furniture are for sale.
While the inventory is vast, highlights include:
- orchids; lemon trees; banana trees; hibiscus; boxwood; creeping juniper; arborvitae
- bronze, copper, concrete, metal, zinc urns, planters and pots
- marble and concrete garden benches
- 6 wooden potting tables
- mosaic top tables; teak, wicker, rattan, metal furniture
- outdoor umbrellas
- armillary sundial, golden orb decorations
- Viking and Frontgate stainless grills
- Frontgate teak outdoor storage boxes
- custom doghouse
- indoor/outdoor folding ping pong tableFor the Greenhouse and Garden Sale, the grounds will be open and there are two unfilled pools on the property. Due to safety concerns, Trésor requests no children under the age of 12.
Highlights and images for the Carriage House Contents Sale (Sat. May 21 & Sun. May 22, 9am – 3pm) will soon be released.
Trésor Estate Sales of Newport makes every attempt for ease of purchase:
- Trésor accepts cash, and all major credit cards (MC, Visa, Amex, Discover) for sales over $25.
- Checks are accepted with proper id for up to $250.
- Shopping bags, limited supply of boxes and packing material are supplied.
- Trésor can help move some items to buyers’ vehicles and has access to a fee paid moving service at “The Orchard” on Sunday May 22
- For this sale, Trésor offers one week for movement of items from the property.
- Items are marked down 25-50% on Sunday May, 22.
- All sales are final. No returns.At a Glance:
- What: “The Orchard” Estate Sale
- Where: 180 Narragansett Ave. Newport, RI
- When: Greenhouse & Garden Sale Sat. May 14, 9a – 3p;
- Carriage House Contents Sale Sat. May 21 & Sun. 22, 9a – 3p
- For more info: http://tresorestatesales.com/ and http://estatesales.org/newport-ri-estate-sales/newport-ri-mansion-the-841297