The Department of Utilities construction projects that are in progress for the week of May 23rd are noted below.
- Wellington CSO Facility Improvement Project- The construction of the new sewer force main in Wellington Avenue between Marchant Street and Thames Street will continue the week of May 23rd. The new force main is required due to the new increased pumping capacities included with the improvements at the CSO Facility. Wellington Avenue will remain open to traffic but delays can be expected during the construction.
- Catch Basin Repairs- Repairs to the catch basin on Young St. will be completed
- Water Main Improvements-2015 (Middletown)- The permanent road restoration will be continue for the water mains installed in 2015 on Rosedale Court, Stockton Drive, and the small section in the West Main Rd.
More from What's Up Newp
- Dashboard Confessional bringing “Unplugged 2021 Tour” to Mohegan Sun on Saturday, Nov. 13th
- School Approaching and Mental Health First Aid Classes to be held at Elks Newport
- What Sold: 31 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (July 25 – 31)
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke