Comedy Central’s turn-of-the-century historical and satirical scripted series that “takes place” in Newport, Another Period, has been renewed for a third season, it was announced today by Kent Alterman, President, Comedy Central.
The ten-episode second season, co-created by and starring Natasha Leggero and Riki Lindhome, directed by Jeremy Konner and executive produced by Ben Stiller’s Red Hour, debuts on Wednesday, June 15 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. Prior to season two’s premiere, fans can indulge themselves as the Bellacourts’ would by binging on the entire first season of Another Period, available on the Comedy Central App and cc.com starting June 8.
Another Period tells the incredible story of the Bellacourt sisters, Lillian and Beatrice (played by Leggero and Lindhome), who are defined by their family’s wealth and care only about becoming super famous – which is a lot harder in 1902 – and follows the insanely decadent and outrageous life of the Bellacourt coterie. Before others claimed their fame, they were the one American family who epitomized all that was spoiled, shameless and stupid – with more servants than relatives and days filled with money, sex, drugs…and more money.
During the second season, the Bellacourts and the poor souls under their servitude return for a whole new season full of excess and debauchery with Lillian and Beatrice seeking advice on how to rebrand, attempting to divorce their gay husbands, pursuing new male suitors, fighting infectious diseases and, of course, still trying to become famous. Servants from downstairs head upstairs, sex is attempted to be had for pleasure, political scandals play out, and illustrious characters from our nation’s past – such as Albert Einstein, Teddy and Eleanor Roosevelt and Harriet Tubman – pay visit to Newport’s first family.
Another Period was co-created by and stars Natasha Leggero and Riki Lindhome, who also serve as writers. It is directed by Jeremy Konner (“Drunk History”). The series’ executive producers are Leggero, Lindhome, Konner and Red Hour’s Ben Stiller, Debbie Liebling, Stuart Cornfeld and Mike Rosenstein. Monika Zielinska and Tara Schuster are the Executives in Charge of Production for Comedy Central.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13