What’sUpNewp has taken notice of the ever-growing craft beer community, scene and business in Newport and is excited to announce the launch of our weekly column dedicated to craft beer. This column will run every Friday and will be written by our staff and other members of our community that are lovers of craft beer.
We’re kicking off this new beer column from The Wharf Pub, this restaurant on Bowen’s Wharf is currently featuring 20 draft lines (mostly New England based beer companies) and 63 bottles (local, domestic and international favorites).
The Wharf Pub is currently offering a April Fools Flight while hosting a Tap Takeover of Foolproof Brewing Company (note – they host a different brewery tap takeover once per month).
Foolproof Brewing Company, located at 241 Grotto Avenue in Pawtucket, RI, produces high-quality, hand-crafted beers that are designed with a specific experience in mind.
The April Fools Fight is available from Friday, April 1st until Thursday, April 7th (or until supplies last) and consists of three 7 ounce glasses of Foolproof’s Queen of the Yahd (ABV: 5.2% IBU: 49), King of the Yahd (ABV: 8.5% IBU: 100) and Peanut Butter Porter (ABV: 5.4% IBU: 0) for $12.
If you already know what Foolproof brew you enjoy most and prefer just to enjoy a full serving/pour, The Wharf Pub currently has the following Foolproof brews on tap;
Casks On Tap
- Foolproof LFU Pear – $6.00 (12oz pour)
- Foolproof LFU Kiwi – $6.00 (12oz pour)
Foolproof Drafts On Tap
- Foolproof Queen of the Yahd – $7.50
- Foolproof King of the Yahd – $7.00
- Foolproof Peanut Butter Porter – $8.00
- Foolproof Shuckolate – $8.00
Looking for something to pair your Pawtucket beer with? Newport Restaurant Week runs from April 1st through the 10th throughout Newport County and The Wharf Pub will be offering up $16 3-course lunches and $35 3-course dinners, see the menu here for restaurant week lunch or for restaurant week dinner.
The Wharf Pub hosts live music from Timmy Smith on Friday night (8pm – 11pm, no cover) and on Saturday with Sarah & Chris (8pm – 11pm, no cover)
For more information about Foolproof Brewing Company and their beers, visit www.foolproofbrewing.com.
The Wharf Pub is located at 37 Bowen’s Wharf and online at www.thewharfpubnewport.com.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record