Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) provided the following update on the Broadway Streetscape Improvements on Friday, April 22nd.
“We anticipate finishing the installation of the parking pavers, from Equality Park to Caleb Earl Street, by the end of the week, weather permitting. Concurrently, we will then begin parking area excavation from Caleb Earl Street to Oak Street. Installation of the large planters is scheduled for completion next week between Oak Street and Collins Street, and curbing and sidewalk will be installed in this area, as well.
We also anticipate curbing and sidewalk installation from Oak Street to Marlborough Street. Area merchants from Collins Street to Marlborough Street should see sidewalk placement beginning on Wednesday. Parking will be limited on a day to day basis from Collins Street to Marlborough Street as the activity in this area increases.”
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune